1. The Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible, word of God. The whole Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, are complete and sufficient. We believe in the clarity of Scripture and it is to be interpreted considering the literal, grammatical and historical aspects of a given text.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 17:17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Psalm 19:7-11, Jude 3)
2. There is one true God, existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. We believe that God is All Loving, Holy, Just, Self-existent, Infinite, Unchanging, Transcendent, Spirit, Ever Present, All Knowing, All Powerful, Wholly Sovereign, and Light. We believe God is righteous and perfect.
(Mark 12:29, John 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Leviticus 11:45, Isaiah 44:6, Malachi 3:6, 1 John 4:7, John 4:24)
3. That Jesus is God in very essence and pre-existed as God in all His glory before His incarnation in time and space. Jesus entered the world through the womb of the virgin Mary taking on full, yet sinless, humanity. He voluntarily died on the cross a substitutionary death for man’s sin, and then physically rose from the grave three days later. He bodily and visibly ascended back to heaven and is seated and exalted at the right hand of the Father. We are awaiting His physical return to earth to rightfully take His place on the throne of David.
(Luke 1:34-35, 2: 1-7, John 1:1, 8:58, 14:6, Colossians 1:13-18)
4. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Triune Godhead who convicts, regenerates, indwells, baptizes, seals until the day of redemption, sanctifies, teaches, empowers, reveals, and guides into all truth. We also believe that every Christian is commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives gifts to whom He will, which are valid for today, and ought to be used within scriptural guidelines. We believe that the gifts should be used in love for the building up of the body and the glory of God.
(John 14:15-18, 26, 16:7-15, Acts 2:1-4, Ephesians 1:13-14)
5. That Man was created in the image and likeness of God. Man, by Adam and Eve’s disobedience, fell through Sin and became separated from God. Thus, all of humanity is born with a sin nature and stands in need of redemption.
(Genesis 1:26-30, 3:1-24, Psalm 51:5, Romans 5:12)
6. That Salvation is when the sinner repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ. That person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, all of his sins are forgiven, and is justified which is the act of God whereby He declares the believing sinner righteous based on the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
(John 3:16, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2:8-9, Romans 3: 24-26, 8:1)
7. The universal Church is the organic body composed of all true believers, both living and dead, who have been indwelt and sealed by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ. The church has been called to worship the Lord and share the good news of Christ’s death and resurrection with the world, making disciples, baptizing believers, and teaching them to observe sound doctrine and live a morally pure life. We believe church government should be simple rather than a complex bureaucracy, with the utmost dependence upon the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than on fleshly promotion or worldly wisdom. The Lord has given the church two ordinances which are to continue until He returns — baptism of believers and communion. Water baptism is not necessary for salvation, and cannot remove sins, but is a picture of the salvation already received by the believer. Communion is a memorial of the death of Christ; the bread representing His body and the cup representing His blood observed in remembrance of Him.
(Acts 2:40-47, Romans 12:4-5, 1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Colossians 1:18)
8. Things to Come – We await the imminent pretribulational rapture of the church and the premillennial second coming of Christ which will be physical, personal, and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heart-felt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, evangelism, and regular fellowship. We believe in the literal 1,000 year reign of Christ here on the earth (the Millennium Kingdom). We believe that all those who have trusted Christ for salvation will enjoy eternal glory with Him forever and those who reject God’s offer of free salvation in Christ will be eternally separated from the glory of His presence.
(1 Thessalonians 5:1-11, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12, Revelation 20:1-15, 22:7-17, 20-21)