Top Ten Reasons to Homeschool
Last year I was at a leadership conference of Christian homeschool support group leaders and we participated in a town hall meeting. We were asked the question, “Why is private Christian homeschooling still a good thing?“. I was greatly impressed by the variety of answers that were given and they all made me think and appreciate our freedoms to homeschool in California. I’ve selected the top 10 for you.
- We can take time off of school if a family crisis arises.
- Our rights to intervene on behalf of our children for medical reasons is preserved with private homeschooling.
- In the homeschool world a grade is based on mastery, not age.
- We can school as the Lord would direct us to. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
- We are perfectly suited to educate our kids.
- We are in charge of our child’s education/one on one time.
- We are not part of government data collection
- We can can freely speak of God and His ways and precepts.
- Our kid’s time will not be wasted taking subjects that are not contributing to their character or career path
- We can school our kids at their pace, not the pace dictated for a large classroom