Town Hall Meeting-2021 Recap
Last year at our Town Hall parent meeting we asked two questions of the RCA families. And here’s how they answered.
QUESTION: Why is Homeschooling a good idea?
- You can avoid the comparison trap; your kids can achieve their own goals.
- Homeschooling will allow you to help your child hold on to their innocence.
- We are currently seeing the consequences of Godless behavior in public schools.
- (Prov. 22:6) is not a suggestion.
- Homeschooling will allow your children to avoid bullying and persecution.
- Avoid getting called into the school office.
- Your children can be taught at their level.
- You are called to be set apart!
- You can protect our children from physical altercations.
- No one cares more about our kids then we do.
- You can avoid death threats & be in control over your own household.
- You can be obedient to the Lord.
- Homeschooling will allow you to teach in God’s way. (Deut. 6:4-9)
- Homeschooling will allow you to teach one on one.
- You can go by your own schedules – such as sleeping in. And you can modify your schedule how you please.
QUESTION: What did you learn this year as a parent?
- We learn what our kids know, and we learn from our kids!
- Some mom’s aren’t crafty or artistic.
- One mom learned that her child’s learning style was different than her own. She had to adjust her teaching style to her child’s learning style.
- “I taught my child to read.”
- “I learned to give my son to the learned.”
- One mom hates dirt and her daughter likes nature.