Ways to Discipline Your Kids
Our families were asked in an open forum town hall meeting, how they discipline their kids, and here’s their answers.
- In the case of a temper tantrum, stop everything, sit with your child and let them know this behavior is not OK and will not be tolerated. Resume your activity once they are finished.
- Get eye to eye with your child and speak with them.
- Disobedience=losing toys and privileges
- Using God’s word as a positive affirmation of what we are to do and not do.
- Pray with your child
- Immediately remove your child from whatever they’re doing
- Let your yes be yes and your no be no!
- Use the book Wise Words for Moms as a guide for teaching and disciplining your kids.
- Show them their need for Christ.
- Use the book My ABC Bible Verses-Hiding God’s Word in Little Hearts
- Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. Proverbs 13:24